We occasionally hear that Google Ads does not work, or that it is too expensive to be worthwhile. Our experience has shown that a properly constructed Ads (Paid Search or SEM) campaign usually provides a positive return on investment. And because it drives consistent quality traffic, Ads deserves consideration for most campaigns. The following are 10 reasons to consider using Google Ads advertising.
Are My Customers Really Using Search Engines to Make Buying Decisions?
- 86% of consumers use the Internet to find a local business (WebVisible survey)
Why Use Google Ads Versus Bing or Yahoo?
- Google owns 71% of the search market share. (com). This stat alone answers the question, but we won’t stop at just search. Here are some stats about Google’s Display network…
- Google owns the world’s largest online display advertising network. (comScore)
- Google display campaigns reach 80% of global internet users. (Google Benchmarks and Insights)
- Consumers exposed to display ads are, on average, 155% more likely to search for brand- and segment-specific terms. (Specific Media)
- About 97% of Google’s total revenues come from advertising. (Google Investor Relations)
Why is this stat so important? It highlights the importance of Google Ads to Google’s business. Since Google depends so greatly on Google Ads, we can deduce that Google’s focus and priority is on maintaining and continually improving the paid search tool. This is important, especially today when we see so many complaints about Bing and Yahoo support
Why Not Just Invest in SEO?
- 89% of the traffic generated by search ads is not replaced by organic clicks when ads are paused. (Google Research)
- A recent study showed that brands who conducted paid search on their name saw a 32% increase in organic traffic. (Wordstream)
- For high commercial intent search queries, the top three ad spots take about 40% of the clicks on the page. (The War on Free Clicks – Wordstream)
- 98% of searchers choose a business that is on page 1 of the results they get. (BrightLocal). This emphasizes the importance of ranking on the first page of Google. If you’re investing in SEO (which we highly recommend for many of the same reasons listed here), then advertising is yet another way to get your business on the first page to ensure you are in front of 98% of your audience.
A properly constructed Ads campaign takes time and thought to construct. It also requires regular monitoring and updates. But if you put in the time, learn how to use Google Ads, and stay with it, Ads will make a significant impact in your business’s growth.
If you are not happy with your current Google Ads results, contact us for a free audit.